Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 155: Firefly, Lonely Firefly

Feeling lonely, something I denied for a while
Listening to my roommate talk on Skype with his GF
It's 12:31 AM
I'm in Battell 211


So by a stroke of luck this evening I noticed in a puddle a lonely, dying firefly, its already faint blinking growing weaker and weaker, time between those flashes growing longer and longer. I waited and waited for another one of its pulses, just one more, to the point where my cramping leg had to tell me that there probably wasn't going to be another. I denied it, muffled a whimper, and put a Cheerio in my mouth.

Do I laugh? Do I cry? Do I ignore it and feel indifferent?

Life is a two-faced monster.

You can't stand time being so ungodly slow one moment, and you are rambling about how time flies so quickly the next. A few minutes may seem like hours in one instance, and a whole week may feel like a blink of an eye in another.

Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment