Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Returning #03

I'm always more emotional during the night than during the day, so here is a little confession.

I'm sure some of you have - subconsciously or not - notice that I was becoming more and more detached as the day of "graduating" from summer school grew nearer and nearer. I couldn't help doing it - it almost felt natural - because it was a defense mechanism for myself to harden up in order to shield myself from having to cope with the sense of loss later... sense of losing a good group of people that I could laugh and drink with... that I could feel some sort of bond with - whatever that bond may be.

It's something you guys may have felt yourselves around the time of your high school graduation, where you wave goodbyes to both friends and acquaintances.

Fun times, fun times, though relatively few in comparison to what you guys had who lived at the dorms. At times, I find myself kicking myself for not having signed up for dormitory housing to save money. It's not the lectures we had to sit through and the essays we had to write that we will remember when we look back on the summer we had in Korea in 2012. Not the kinds of ice coffees we had, not the cafeteria lunch menus we had to translate and decide between, and definitely not what we exactly learned and had to memorize for the upcoming midterms and finals we were so worried about. We would remember the the short time we had venting about our classes, sharing our experiences about the new coffee flavored Raison cigarettes (and whether the animal logo was a cat or a kangaroo), and having a rad time drinking late into the night - almost every night. I just didn't approve of you guys drinking so much at that time, because I couldn't do the same. See why I am kicking myself for not signing up for dorms.

I guess this "little confession" is turning into a hyper-emotional letter for closure now -_-

I miss you guys, I guess. I hope you guys have a good time going back to school and starting another school year. Wish you the best, and stay healthy.

With much love
B

No comments:

Post a Comment