Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 72: The R-Word

Feeling extremely tired and full
It's 9:12 PM
I'm in the Main Library

I'm sure you've read the post about me using that dangerous R-word in my environmental science paper almost a month ago. A friend of mine (whose name I will not reveal) forwarded me a Middlebury e-mail about the R-word that made me laugh:

From: Cordelia Ross
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:47 PM
To: McLean, Ann
Subject: R*t@rd: the damaging effects of the R-word

Dear Ann,

Please pass along the below message from the Psychology Club to PSYC majors & minors. Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Psych students,

The Psychology Club has organized a presentation and discussion on 4/22/09 titled "R*t@rd: the damaging effects of the R-word", with members of Speak Up! Addison County. Speak Up! Addison County is a self-advocacy group developed and operated by adults in the community living with developmental disabilities. They will be covering topics such as: special education, self-advocacy, Special Olympics, the film Tropic Thunder (flagrant uses of the R-word), and the daily challenges of living with a disability. It should be a very interesting presentation/discussion and we hope to see you there!


Title: R*t@rd: the damaging effects of the R-word
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Time: 5:00 PM
Location: MBH 219


Please see the attached poster for more information. We appreciate your support. Thank you!


Sincerely,

Cordelia Ross & Louisa Michl
But I still have to say that I used the term correctly!! I have done nothing wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment