Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Checkpoint #1: Seoul, Korea

Feeling unjokingly cold
Listening to the commentary on a pro StarCraft match
It's very sunny and -8' Celcius outside
I'm at a LAN shop in Jungnangu, Seoul

I have a list of some interesting observations I've made (and plain, pointless things to tell about) since I got here on the morning of January 21st, but since I honestly don't have the time (or more like will, haha) right now to explain each one in fun, juicy detail, I'll leave the rest to your creative and imaginitive minds:

- It's so, so, so frigidly cold and windy (even in bright sunlight) that I enjoy going outside to feel the pain. Oh, I have to wear gloves or stick my hands in my pockets or else it will feel like dipping my hands in ice water. No joke. And when I actually wash my hands in the public bathrooms, the cold is so excruciating that I don't really feel anything until after I take my hands out.
- My knuckles are all chapped, chapped, and... uhh.. chapped. Oh, they're purple as well. Yes, even when inside. I'm so not ready for cold weather.
- I still have kimchi for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's good.
- The LAN shops here are 20 baht-equivalent an hour, and the internet is so fast that you can stream ANYTHING. Even HDTV live.
- I feel that the BTS & MRT company in Bangkok is full of selfish, moronic puppets. They cover only the more densely populated areas that serve the rich rather than the poor. Here in Korea, the subway covers virtually everything. Excuse any misjudgments here, because Bangkok's city planners were horrible from the start. No offense, it's true.
- Online shopping here is very, very convenient, though it has its ups and downs. If you make an order, the shipment/order usually arrives the next day. If not, the day after. Usually.
- Professional StarCraft and WarCraft gamers here are so skilled that their gameplay almost blew my mind. No joke.
- Public transportation is relatively expensive to Thailand's, but it's very convenient.
- You know the financial crisis that's going on right now? In Bangkok, you don't really "see" much of it, but here in Seoul, you can really feel its effects. A lot less taxis, local businesses all closing down, rising unemployment, etc etc. You can just see it. It's like.. amazing (but not really).

Okay, I have to go.
Much more to type up later.

Have a good day.

PS: Sorry, I still haven't bought a card reader yet. I hope to really, really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment