Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Winter in Seoul pt I

Feeling comfy
Listening to the loud humming of a snack vending machine
It's almost 2 in the morning and -13' Celcius outside
I am inside the student lounge at Se-Jong University in Seoul

The most drastic change from Thailand to Korea is the difference in climate. So much that I can see my breath - while I think it's cool, my 26 year-old cousin laughs at me.

Ah, climate. I didn't think Seoul would be this cold. Or more like... I didn't think it would get any colder than the first day here. And nature has been telling me I'm wrong these past couple days. It's getting colder and colder every single day, and as far as I know, it's like peak time right now.

Heh, why am I not surprised? I have to wear gloves and leggings before going outside, even during broad daylight just so my fingers won't go purple. And then I start wishing the weather was warmer - something you never do in Thailand, ever. Sometimes my facial muscles become stiff, so it's pretty funny when I try to talk - it's all slurred (and my cousin laughs at me).

Your ears go numb, too. Your brain tells you that your fingers are touching your right year, but your right ear doesn't tell your brain to tell you that your fingers are touching it right now, because the right year that's being touched by your fingers right now ar.. Yeah.

I don't know if this would be interesting to you or not, but during nighttime, your breath can stay visible in the air for FOUR seconds! I counted this. No joke.

The puff of air from your mouth floats in the air, starts drifting away, then disappears in a huge nuclear explosion. I witnessed this. No joke.

Then there are some crazy girls who wear short skirts with no leggings, tights, nor (long) socks in this crazy weather. Some just wear shorts. It's like me wearing my swimming drunks outside. They're crazy, I tell you. Wait, they are usually pretty, so only the ones that are not pretty count in the "crazy" list.

Ha ha, just kidding.

PS: My flight to LAX got delayed to January 30th, Friday. I'll probably be getting there 10:15 in the morning, or at least that's what my ticket says.

No comments:

Post a Comment