Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 207: Shameful Financial Aid Letter

Feeling like a shamed, poor man
Listening to Kewlaid - Wild Berries
It's half past one in the morning
 
Autumn is just around the corner! My weather sense has been tingling for the past week, though I think it is arriving too soon. I really don't like taking ice cold showers in the morning. Ew.

Just now, I wrote this request letter for financial aid in this 2-week reading skill enhancement course that's being offered in Middlebury College this September. I just got to the information letter (in an envelope) just a moment ago, so I had no choice except to get on my hands and knees and literally beg in the format of an e-mail of the Center for Teaching, Learning and Research (Midd lingo - C.T.L.R.) department coordinator, JoAnn Brewer, for consideration.


So, I just want to share with you what I wrote. It's pretty shameful, I know, but I did enjoy the funny five minutes that I spent on crafting it. Ugh. I really need this aid! To be honest, it really sucks having to beg for help all the time. Feels like being a beggar begging for expensive things, like college education. Totally senseless.

Hello JoAnn,

I hope you're having a fine day!
My name is -----, Midd class of '12.5, and I'm writing to you about requesting much-needed financial aid for the Reading and Study Skills course that is offered this coming September.

Yes! I am fully aware that it is past the deadline, but I shamefully admit that I *now* just got to read the letter. It's a bummer, but I would like to go ahead and ask of you anyway. I want to tell you how badly I want to take part in this, but I don't quite think I can enroll without financial aid from the school! So, please, if you can consider this plea just for a second or two - be it yea or nay - I will be thankful.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Much sincerely,
-------

1 comment:

  1. smiles..Are U serious?..
    btw awesome blog..nice posts..Congrats!..keep a "stright face.."

    ReplyDelete