Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Night 187: Freak on a Trip

The second and last time I'd smoke marijuana during my freshman year of college, I decided to visit an upperclassman friend that I know of in another dorm one night. I didn't think that I would be getting high in under 2 minutes, but for sure I was proved wrong.I jogged the last 50 yard stretch before the back door of the dorm building. I passed by a student under the orange light of the street lamp, looked back, and something told me that this guy was following me. I tried not to think of it. "Just be normal, and get to the door," I told myself.
During the next five seconds, I passed by a couple that was walking towards the same direction. I looked back, and I was sure for a fact that they were following me. I panic, turn my attention to the door that's in front of me, and decide to run for it. I look back, and their shadowy figures in the darkness become so menacing that I slam my ID to the card scanner, open the door, and hurry inside the building.
I watch the building door close behind me, and turn to the stairs, just to realize that there is another dark figure waiting for me right beside the stairwell (of course, this is just another innocent person about to go outside). I snap and run past him and up the stairs to the third floor.
Getting to the right floor, I sprint until I'm at my friend's room, and furiously knock on her door. I hear her reply, but I can't make it out, so I knock again, this time stronger, and not stopping until she opens the door.
The instant the door opens, I kick open the door, and tell her, "Help. Help. Help. Help. Someone's ... someone's.... there's someone.." but my mouth fails to iterate the words that my mind is freaking over to get out. With my whole body shaking, I crumple into a ball on one side of her room, and rock myself forward and back. I remember myself repeatedly muttering, "People... following... people... following... they're outside. They're outside. They're outside!" until she just waits for me to calm down.
I move to a corner of the room, and decide that I should just sit and not move. She tells me that I really should try making friends at school, and that it's okay for me to tell her about my problems.
I snarl back, denying her claim about me having problems. This is when the weed hits me again, and I keep stuttering to her, "I don't have any problems. I don't have any problems. I really don't, really. Really," over and over again, until I realize that she's not buying it. So, I guess it becomes apparent to myself that I am really having problems, and I am having a hard time finding friends at school. I feel an overwhelming urge to cry, but I'm hit one more time. There I am, looking up at the ceiling, trying my absolute hardest to muffle my sniffles and not let a single drop of tear come out of my eyes for about a cold, long and hard five minutes.
I feel that she's looking at me, but something tells me that she's not. I breathe long and deep a few times, apologize for being so messed up, run back home, and sleep.
Did anyone else have trips like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment