Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crash landing

Feeling very fobby
Listening to nothing at all
It's 12:26 PM and it's -10' Celsius outside and very windy also
I'm inside this freaking huge library

I honestly do not have any time to do anything, except take breathers between schedules during orientation week. At the same time, I am having trouble settling in.

I did not bring pillows, bedsheets, bedspreads, pillowcases, nor lots of cash.

I feel like very fobby here; my English is great but it's painfully difficult to find common ground with these people. Around 94% of the students are US passport holders, meaning they're American citizens, and it's hard to connect with them. I'm not kidding.

I think I understand what Tarin is going through now. Hang in there. I'm kind of scared, but mostly lonely from knowing that it's going to be difficult to find good friends.

Middlebury College is an extremely academically rigorous school. I think I have told some people that I can only take 4 classes (and no more) per semester. Well, I found out that these four courses (each counting up to 1 unit, and you need 36 units to graduate) amount to the 5~7 courses you might take in other universities or colleges in both difficulty, challenge, and workload.

My phone doesn't work, so I haven't been able to call anyone.

I actually believe that these four years are going to be one of the roughest times I will ever go through. Hahaha - now, UCI or even UCLA seems like a cool place to be. I'm the only Asian-Asian in my class.

Again, I have to go meet with my orientation group for lunch. I will try to update later.

Please, give me a call anytime. I would love it! My phone number is 802-443-4429. I'll try to return all voice mails, alright.

3 comments:

  1. aww Bobin...sorry to hear that you're not liking it there YET...but i hope you will start to like Middleburry soon! and YES! come to UCLA =D we will soooo welcome you here :) :)
    im sure you will adjust real fast... =D show them your super-good socializing skillz! hehehe :)
    we ppl in UCLA miss you here :(..even though they've never seen you :P aka huay and shelly haha
    best of luck with everything Bobin :)
    take care
    ps you can always consider transferring to UCLA LOL jk :P..but really..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bobin,, i know you will do great!! hang in there, it will be hard to adjust,, i think i've been there... it will get better. you are a nice kind loving person, they will surely lke you seriously dude..

    miss you loads..

    asama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Bobin. I didn't realize how hard it was to connect with people who haven't been in the same situation as you on a college level. But your pretty dam awesome so you'll find people :D

    ReplyDelete