Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 6: First Day of Classes

Feeling more confident
Listening to the quietness
It's 11:48 PM and probably -10' Celsius outside
I'm inside the Main Library

This is my sixth day at Middlebury College, and I had my first day of classes.

Last night, there was a party only for the first-year Feb students and the Feb orientation leaders. The usual: drinks, dancing, and music.

And there is a ...hilarious(?) tradition for the Midd students here. Whenever this specific song goes off, everyone takes their shirt off. And the Feb leaders taught us this. Soooo funny(?). I have no idea what the song is, yet. Hence, I'm an international student.

I woke up today exactly at 9:00 AM, which is five minutes before Calculus II starts.

Somehow, I made it there on time.

Breakfast was good.

Then I had my first-year seminar, a writing-intensive course required for all first-years, called Energy, Environment, and Climate (EE&C). A very interesting environmental science-based course, taught by a professor named Richard Wolfson. Very cool guy, all excited about physics and environmental science.

We're learning about carbon footprints right now. Carbon footprint is a calculated sum of carbon emissions and greenhouse gases released into the air by either an individual, corporation, event, or product.

And my Calculus teacher wants us to cruise through 6 chapters in two days. And we have homework for all that, too. And we have a syllabus that lists all the homework for the semester. Sigh.

Not having a laptop just sucks.

Not having a cellphone makes it even worse.

Not being able to make off-campus calls from your dorm phone kinda puts nice, juicy icing on top of that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, its me, Gersom.
    Dude, you sound like you're having a bit of a hard, time, but I hope you are stil doing good at least. Or at least decent.
    I have to run off to class very soon, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you're at the right college... Environmentally-smart Americans... that's a new thing to me! and trust me, they made no mistake on your profile! you're frikkin gifted.
    For your books you can try to photocopy them (or take pictures) to get them. Some 2nd year students will sell them 2nd hand to you.
    Just an idea. If you ever need any money just tell me, I got some to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy,, hang in there,, yet again the same words. you'll be fine ^^

    ReplyDelete