Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 12: Singles Awareness Day

Feeling worried
Listening to Je te veux - Erik Satie
It's -5' Celsius outside
I'm inside my room using my roomie's MacBook

As everyone in the world knows, days like Valentine's and Christmas Eve are not good holidays for singles.

Happy Singles Awareness Day.

Apart from that, it's starting to get a tad warmer here in Vermont. A lot of the snow and ice have melted, and you can see a lot of grass! Yay.

Yesterday, I also went to a super huge supermarket called Shaw's and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in the States. Below the item prices, a tag was there to show customers that the possession of a Shaw's reward card will benefit them with premium discounts.

So, I dropped my basket and ran to the service counter.

"Hi, do you know how I can get a reward card?" I asked to the elderly lady behind the counter.

"Yep, just write down your name and address," she replies instantaneously.

She hands me a pen and a post-it note.

I write down my name and school address, which I have successfully memorized by now. It feels very good to memorize personal information :)

"Alright, done." I hand her the post-it. She gives me a Shaw's reward card.

I stand there somewhat amazed, because all it took was my name and address.

"That's it?" I ask her with amazement painted over my face.

The woman laughs, "Yes, do you want me to make it any harder?"

"Hahaha, no, that will be fine. Thanks." We both laugh, and I take off to find a few groceries in the wonderful supermarket.

PS: I think I like French songs. They sound so romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment