Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 8: Names

Feeling dark
Listening to Gim Bum Soo - Bogoshipda
It's 3:56 AM and it's -8' Celsius outside
I'm inside the Wonnacott hall lounge room with a friend's MacBook

I must have met at least a hundred and fifty students and exchanged names, but I can remember less than half of them, sadly.

It's interesting how you can recogize so many faces but not remember much - sometimes almost none - detail about the individual.

And I call myself "Thailand". People remember it better than "Bobin".

Some interesting nicknames I've been given are: Bo, Boobin, Thai-guy, and last but not least, "fag in poverty" by one individual.

Race and ethnicity is an issue in our society, but I guess class is too, it seems.

Another funny incident just happened earlier this evening, when this freshman was walking around the hallway exclaiming "F---ing Febs! F---ing Febs!" until I walked out of the lounge and just stared. He went back inside his room with his girlfriend and things got quiet again.

Oh, and us Febs can't give people dirty looks because people ignore us for being the Febs.

This is more humor material than anger material, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment