Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 19: Anyway the Wind Blows

Feeling somewhat wise
It's 0' Celsius outside and snowing a lot
I'm inside the Main Library, using the computer
I'm also eating Skittles

Notice: I've now decided to start using slightly inappropriate words whenever the need rises for me to stress certain feelings or emotions. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

One has to truly confront his heart and ask himself: how do you want your life to be for the next four years?

Even though I've been here for what, 18 days in Middlebury College, it feels like everything is going to be pretty repetitive for the next four years of my life here in Middlebury, Vermont. And I'm not saying I'm going to do the same things over and over. I'm saying the community is kind of like that, in a sense.

So. Middlebury College.

School starts on Monday, and for the whole five days until Friday, you work your a-- off, because the classes are so difficult and the professors love pouring homework assignments over you. At the best, you get to go to bed at around 10~12 PM if you have mastery over procrastination. If you still procrastinate, then it's time to kiss your a-- goodbye, because you'll most probably be sleep deprived for the next few years. And I'm part of the majority of the student population here on campus who do not get a lot of sleep.

Anyway, so what happens when Friday classes are over?

You guessed it; it's party time.

People who enjoy drinking drink their a--es off, for a variety of personal reasons.

People who enjoy dancing dance to their joy, and people who want to get together with a girl (or a guy) do so willfully.

And there are people who drink past their limits, because they want to do certain things that would make them feel good (or better), all the while lying to themselves that they will not be held accountable for their actions whilst being drunk.

Or maybe some people make their minds tell their hearts that it is good to be drunk because being so allows them to do certain things that are not possible to do when one is sober.

Apart from that, the party scene lasts until Sunday morning, and everything starts all over again , as Middlebury students rush to finish their homework.

I'm not being pessimistic or negative or anything like that. I'm just observing and analyzing and trying to think.

Starts all over. On and on.

That's the typical week of a typical Middlebury student at the Middlebury College in Vermont, USA. And it's so f---ing funny how so many people love to think that they are not typical.

One has to truly confront his heart and ask himself: how do you want your life to be for the next four years?

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, brother, that's just how it is with college. It's a stereotypical way of thinking but kids do think they're finally free so they drink like a fish and deal with a hangover the next morning. But who cares? You do what you want to do. I'm blessed to have a straight edge roommate and suitemate so we always have fun without alcohol or drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not trying to condemn people but it's almost like a turnoff when you see people do the hell they want because they are finally adults.

    Oh well, I've been in college for less than 3 weeks. Still learning, yeah?

    ReplyDelete