Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 90: Low-Income, High-Income

Feeling drowsy
Listening to Matt Darey - Nocturnal Sunshine Podcast 50
It's 12:20 AM
I'm still in the media lab


I think there's something wrong with international economies. Here's a quote from a recent article in New York Times:
To Mr. Jack, unlike many of his classmates, food stamps are not an abstraction. His family has had to use them in emergencies. His mother raised three children as a single parent and earns $26,000 a year as a school security guard.
His mom works as a school security guard and makes $26,000 a year. My father is a marketing manager in Vietnam and he makes less than that.

Ding dong?

2 comments:

  1. Vietnam's and USA's economy are different. Whether they are wrong or not, they're two different countries with different economies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I expressed it 'wrongly'.. but it just doesn't ... seem right. But that's how it is.

    ReplyDelete