Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 27: Just Because I'm Poorer than You

Feeling dirty
Listening to Lost - Sunlounger feat. Zara, remix by Armin van Buuren
It's 9:05 PM and -20' Celsius outside

There are rich kids I know that I feel comfortable hanging around with.
Then there are rich kids I know that I don't feel so comfortable with.
They make you feel dirty.
They make you feel like some homeless street beggar asking for their money.
Those are the ones that need to <insert horrible way of dying>, like being given an overdose on painkillers, getting hit by a truck, then hung, electrocuted, burnt on the stake, and shot at the same time.

I grew up in a household that you can call relatively "poor". When I tell some of these kids that I can't afford a laptop, they give me the look of sadness, pity, or "you're so f-king poor that I'm laughing at you right now."

In contrast, kids in Middlebury College are mostly (well, almost all) from middle to high class families. They most usually get what they want, do what they want to do, and don't see finances as a big obstacle in their life. Woopee. Good for them.

But can I add this: If the economy is going bad, and your family's suffering, say, this much, then how bad would the lower class suffer? Are we poor people just too poor to count as people?

Anyway.

A lot of these idiots annoy me to the point that it makes me want to hate them with a passion. I mean, what the hell - does your wealth make you better than me?

Hmm.. what's a good example?

Okay.

Alright, there's this classmate sitting behind me in the library.

He has his laptop open and he's talking with the others that are seated around his table. I walk over, ask how it's going, and see his laptop showing his class registration table.

One of the four is an art class, so I slide my hand over to his laptop's touch-pad, but he slaps my hand away - "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Dude..." I just stand there.

I come back to him again some minutes later, and he's resting his eyes. I observe that his glasses are on the desk in front of him.

An excellent opportunity.

I pick up his glasses "in curiosity" and he shakes his head in total disagreement, "No, no, no, no... Put it down."

I put it down.

He's still unsatisfied. "On the other side."

Fag.

I leave the rich man alone. Have fun with yourself, poor b-tard.

Now, I'm not confused about "whether I was intruding or he was being a rich a-hole". And even if it was wrong for me - yeah, I admit that I shouldn't have even thought of trying to touch his wonderful laptop - to be invasive of his property, maybe he could've been nicer of letting me know? Or maybe his status and wealth and background automatically justifies his actions?

Ass.

We're humans, too.

PS: Oh, please, after reading, if you feel that I hate all rich kids, then learn to read properly. No joke.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that guy is a dick. Hope he drops his laptop and trips thus breaking his precious glasses.

    Most people here aren't the most affluent so coming from Tokyo that automatically puts me on the higher end of the spectrum. And I guess I can't disagree with that. Honestly though, if I really had so much money...I wouldn't be going to a college that costs less than $10,000 a year. Part of the reason why I went to Purchase so I could lessen the financial pressure off my parents. But of course since I still have more money...no one here will EVER understand that.

    ReplyDelete