Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 50: Culture Shocking

I'm currenty in Bethesda, Maryland
I'm watching some gun channel on TV
I'm here at a Middlebury alumni's house
I'm staying here for 4 days
I'm on an externship with a gastroenterology health practice



What are the top 5 culture shock moments for me?

-5. Public transportation needing a facelift! From Middlebury, you can go down to Burlington, a town close by, by bus only in the wee hours of morning. And come back during late afternoon. I'm assuming the rest of the US of A is pretty much like this.

-4. The food portions here are so much much much bigger than in Asia anywhere. I ordered an $8.95 sandwich meal and I almost blew myself up, literally. I was THIS close to imploding. And food is so expensive!!

-3. Really nice people ... but only in Middlebury - sorry! I was biking down Middlebury town one day (on someone else's bike, not mine!) and I dropped my map (yeah, a map lol) a meter behind me. I backpedaled to get it, but a guy picked it up, handed it over to me, and left. I was so impressed, I almost died.

-2. People here love Chuck Norris jokes. 'Your mom' jokes. 'That's what she said' jokes. And dead baby jokes.

Before I go to bed, I check my closet for the boogeyman.
Before the boogeyman goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

How did the baby cross the road?
He was stapled to the chicken.

Sick Americanos...

-1. Cereal types. I went to this supermarket in town and there was this just one flipping huge aisle only stacked with cereal. YEAH. Lucky charms = party in my mouth. And COSTCO. Who in the world came up with shopping in a warehouse?? And it's an exclusive party because they make you pay like $50 a year for membership. And you sign up and you go in and the first thing you see is a mountain of car tires. I was so surprised, I exploded.



-ONE MORE. Amtrak and plane tickets are unbelievably expensive. To be honest, I wish I could fly to Philadelphia and New York to visit a few friends, bu MONEY DOES NOT FREAKING GROW ON TREES. I wish it did. Only for me, though.

And after taking a read over what I just wrote, I can say that this was a very selfish post :D

Hope everyone's spring breaks are going swell.
If you have some love and care to send over to me, please send them to:

2892 Middlebury College
Middlebury, Vermont 05753

I will send some back, with a pinky promise...

By the way, happy belated birthday to Moki Jensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment