Thanks to all readers - I just updated the look on my blog for a more fresh look. I will do try to write my own entries :) soon!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 34: How to Gamble Well

Listening to Phynn feat. Tiff Lacey - Try Again (Original Mix)
Feeling so frustrated at myself - why am I here?
It's -1' Celsius and it's very cold outside
I'm inside the Main Library

Have you ever felt so frustrated, mad, or upset at yourself that you had to divert yourself to something more relieving, like bloodying a wall? Or maybe you couldn't help but let loose tears of intense anger? Maybe even anger isn't even the right word?

Sometimes, we make the same errors over and over again, up to the point where your dignity is crushed into nothing. You ask yourself - how was that possible? Why? Why me?

I feel cheated.

But it's life.

Life's not FAIR.

Life IS unfair.

Do you believe that?

Neither of us wants to admit it.

Why does all this s--t happen?

It's life.

So stop taking risks?

Fall down seven times...

Get up eight?

Exactly.

Life is all a gamble. You never win more than you are willing to risk, willing to lose. As life goes on, you learn to risk as little as possible.
Gamble as little as possible.
Lose as little as possible.
And you learn to fold early.
After all, gambling is a sin, isn't it?

But when all is said and done, have you really won?

1 comment:

  1. Gambling ain't a sin if you know you're gonna win. You wait for that opportunity...for good things come to those who wait. Patience.

    Work your way up slowly and you'll see progress. Just gotta find the right people to help you up that ladder.

    ReplyDelete